Wednesday, March 14, 2012

l





From My spiritual journal
December 18, 1989



We don't have to fear the changes that will enter our lives. Our tomorrows will find God beside us, just as he was the day before and is today. He has been with us since we first asked Him into our hearts, and will be at our side until our last breath.

    We'll experience many things in our lifetime: marriage, divorce, births, deaths, new jobs, loss of a job, owning a home- losing one, a happy family, a dysfunctional one, problems with our children, health problems, and many more, and God will be there to rejoice with us, or grieve with us, as always He's done.
 
"Lo, I am with you.."  What comfort; what reassurance. God with us means: We will not be betrayed, won't be abandoned, will have somebody to trust, will have somebody with us through the long haul; somebody who won't bail out on us when things get rough. It means no matter how bright our days, or how dark the nights- He is at our side.
    Life becomes more stressful every day. We need help in order to remain strong and courageous midst the storms of our lives, need help in order to be at peace. There is only one place to receive that peace, and that is through  Christ, the God of All Comfort.

One of our sons, when he was but four years old, feared the dark. Even with a night-light on he'd have trouble falling asleep. Every night, I'd tuck him in and reassure him that I'd be in the next room, so he didn't have to worry or be afraid. Yet, every night, until sleep found him, he'd call out to me at regular intervals. "Mommy, are you still there?"


This is how we are with the Lord, when the stress of life has us hemmed in, when we are discouraged, weary, and afraid. It does not seem quite good enough that God says "Lo, I am with you all the appointed days."

We still call out to him in the dark of night, and sometimes in the bright of noon day, "Lord, are you still there?"
   Jesus promised NEVER to forsake us. Let's believe him; let's praise Him for his faithfulness rather than be a doubting Thomas.

Make a wonderful memory today. Be good to others and just as good to yourselves. Have patience with all things, but mostly with yourselves. Don't become discouraged when considering your imperfections. We all have them. Don't forget that we are a work in progress. God isn't finished with us yet.

2 comments:

  1. How true this is... I have known Jesus all my life and when I look back, I can see that even when I was faithless, he was faithful, he is the same yesteruday, today and tomorrow.. How blessed we are to have Jesus in out lives...
    I am leaving a link to my blog, would love to have to you stop by... I have just started this blog and hope that through it, I can share the word of God and the victories that I have come gain through Jesus Christ...
    http://macmadetocrave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to stop by, MaryAlice, and will shortly. Thank you for taking time to read my post.

      Delete